Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My Ideas On Paper

Sometimes when designing jewellery I run out of important materials like wire and I have to wait a very long week for the mail to come. During that time I find myself feeling very frustrated at not being able to make anything. The ideas never stop coming though, and usually build up in my head, which makes me even more anxious because I'm afraid that during my busy day I will forget something. Recently I came up with a solution to the problem. I decided to sketch those ideas out so that I will remember them when my wire does come.
This may seem like an obvious thing to do. I mean people have been sketching out their idea since caveman days, but I had honestly never thought to work that way. I bought myself a nice hard cover sketch book and some mechanical pencils and now I spend my evenings sketching out the days ideas. I find sketching very relaxing, mainly because I no longer fear that I will forget a moment of design brilliance in the down time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails