Monday, January 11, 2010

Learning New Things


When ever I am aching to learn something new or need to touch up on a tricky technique I can always count on www.jewelrylessons.com to help me along my way. They sell jewellery making tutorials for very cheep, but a lot of them are free, which is always a bonus.

Today I came across this sphere making tutorial and decided to get it because I had tried to make a gemstone sphere before without any knowledge of how to do it, but it didn't really work out. OK it didn't work out at all!

After getting the tutorial for 4.00 I found out that it called for very fine beading string. Luckily I found some because I didn't have any wire with a small enough gauge. You need thin wire or thread because you have to string it through the same bead 4-5 times. I almost wasn't able to finish because of that, but with some persistence and termination I stuffed that thread through the beads!! :) Here is the finished product.I will have to order some 28 or 30 gauge wire to do this in sterling silver in the future! I would like to work this technique into a necklace design or maybe a bracelet.

3 comments:

  1. Those turned out great for a first try. I stumbled across jewelrylessons.com a while back, but haven't used it yet. I'll have to revisit it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finished product! Very pretty. And on a side note, I always admire your photographs. I like the way you stage your jewelry designs. What type of camera are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am using a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ7


    Thank you so much.. I am glad that you are liking my photographs! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails