Saturday, January 2, 2010

Me Making a Heart Necklace

I am all about the hearts this winter, so I thought I would share some cool pictures that show a bit of the process of making a brushed sterling silver heart necklace.
cutting chain and jewelry toolsFirst I cut my wire and chain to the right sizes. Then I wrap the wire around a ring sizer. mandrill and wire
Once I form a heart shape using the ring sizer and pliers I have to hammer the sterling silver flat.
hammered heart with jewelry heartAfter brushing the sterling silver I clean and polish it. Now all there is left to do is put it all together.
jewelry polishing cloth

You can expect many different heart themed items in my shop throughout January and February, and now you know a bit about what goes into making one.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Zoe,

    I'm here visiting from Tara's 52 Weeks forum.

    Is it just a girl thing for us to naturally love hearts? I have so many heart ideas floating through my head right now too, but unfortunately don't have the time to make all of them!

    I like how you showed your process--you take such great photos!

    I'll keep checking back for more interesting stuff. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome thanks for stopping by! :) I am going to check out your blog now... see you there lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zoe!

    What a great post - and super photographs! Since my "creating" is limited to a tiny project here or there, I love to see the "real" artisans go through their process.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool post. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm always amazed at how jewelry designers can create so much beauty from metal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your design genius with us. :-) And thanks for linking up at Creative Moms Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails