Not everyone wants to go out and buy silver polish or sit there and polish so often not the jewelry sits in your jewelry box and gets tarnished. I am going to give you two great ways to polish silver jewelry with products that are already in your home.
First I am going to share some tips about prolonging the life of your sterling silver jewelry...
-Never shower, swim or bath with jewelry on.
-Keep your jewelry in a dry non humid place
-Don't keep jewelry in the bathroom
Here is how to polish your jewelry without buying silver polish...
All you need is baking soda, water and a flat dish that can hold about 2" of water.
1. Boil water
2. Poor water in dish
3. Lay jewelry out flat along the bottom of the dish
4. Sprinkle a bit of baking soda on top of the water and jewelry
You will instantly see your jewelry look like it is turning silver again, but you should leave it in there for about 30 minutes. When it is time to take it out gently dry your jewelry with a soft cloth or towel.
Here is a second way to polish your jewelry.
All you need is water, liquid laundry soap and a dish.
1. Mix water and soap in the dish
2. Lay your jewelry flat on the bottom
3. Let sit for about 3-5 minutes
4. When you are done dry your jewelry with a soft cloth or towel