Monday, June 1, 2009

Getting Stores to Buy From You


I am interested in taking my jewellery to the next level. So I think what I need to do is get my designs in some local shops. Now when I first thought about doing this I had no idea where to start. So i did some research and found some great advice on doing this.

First thing, go to the store to see if you think your designs would fit in there. If so, then give them a call and set up an appointment to show them your work. You will need to have a carrying case for your work to show it off properly.

One thing that I learned was not to consign, but to sell your merchandise. If stores can buy from other people they can buy from you! Don't settle for consigning because it can be messy work. Unless that is all the store does. Do not consign!

To find stores that will take your work you can try looking at the websites for your local stores. Some times they will advertise when they are looking for new designers to buy from.

If you are selling jewellery or something that you can wear make sure you are wearing it so they can see how it looks on.

These are just a few points that stood out in my mind. You can read more about selling your designs here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails