Sunday, July 4, 2010

Tangled

Photo By: CatParty


Every woman or spouse of that woman has come across a very tangled necklace mess! Sometimes the necklace easily slips out of the knot with a bit of luck, but sometimes the outcome is not as lucky and those beautiful treasures get lost in the bottom of the jewellery box. What a shame right?

Well...the other day I was researching ways to untangle chain and I came across several short and simple posts that I thought I should share.

How to Untangle Jewelry
How to Untangle a Necklace
Untangling Necklaces

Some of the best pointers from all of these articles I think are the parts about using a straight pin. It small and super handy for getting into the tiny knots. Fingers are just way to big! Also always remember when untangling a necklace take it slow the last thing you want to do is pull it and make the knot tighter!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for these links. I have a super fine chain that invariably tangles on itself however I store it. The only that works is a safety pin! The pointed end enters the knot easily and I gently tease the knot so that it loosens just enough for me to use my fingers or my jewelry pliers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know what you mean!! The long pin seams to work great though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails