Tuesday, July 6, 2010

As The Sun Sets

While vacationing in my home town Saskatoon SK I didn't end up taking to many pictures due to the short amount of time I had to visit my family. Busy Busy Busy! But one of those few pictures I did take was the one above. It is a typical Saskatchewan prairie sunset. Makes me miss home...but then I remember the mountains, warm winters, ocean and everything else that Vancouver has to offer! :) Of course I will always consider Saskatoon one of my two homes.

Anyways I wanted to create a piece of jewellery that represented the beauty of the prairie sky. Just like this photo does. (Oh by the way the photo was taken from a basement window!) Cool hey! The Necklace shown below is what I came up with. It features blue and black speckled Peruvian opal, orange garnet, rose quartz and tiny black hematite rounds all wire wrapped and strung from sterling silver chain.
This necklace is now available in my Etsy Shop!

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous piece!! I love how you captured the wispy clouds in the sky in the black speckled Peruvian opal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo and awesome necklace! I'll be watching for it in your shop. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man I am totally loving the colour combo! Rocking necklace.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails